Yoga Meditation - Discover The Art And Science of Self Realization Through Self-Awareness!
Yoga meditation is the art and science of remaining in a state of union without the distraction of thoughts. The meditator overcomes the false perception of separation and finds himself in the awareness of union.
It is a form of Raja Yoga. Yoga Meditation technique
involves a systematic viewing, acceptance, training and understanding of the respective levels of our being. The goal is to coordinate and integrate those aspects of ourselves, so that we can ultimately experience the all-pervading center of consciousness.
"Yoga meditation" is actually not a separate part of Yoga. But, this phrase is used to distinguish between yoga meditation techniques as a complete system of self-realization and the popular belief of Yoga being just a couple of physical postures and exercises for a better health.
The fact is that, Yoga or Meditation Yoga is a process that is complete unto itself, and only a small (but useful) part of it relates to the physical body.
Meditation techniques of Yoga or simply "Yoga" involves systematically working with our body, senses, the various levels of mind, breath and gradually moving towards the center of consciousness.
It makes use of various practices such as contemplation, meditation, mantra and prayer; and is holistic in nature. Yoga Nidra
is one of the easiest and highly effective yoga meditation and relaxation technique.
The final goal of meditation & yoga is to experience the eternal, pure and absolute center of consciousness or God. This can be done by overcoming the sense of separation and being in the awareness of union for long durations.
The word yoga means "to join" or "to be one with". It means to be in a state of awareness of oneness or un-dividedness of the various aspects of yourself with the universal consciousness. The interesting thing is that they were never divided in the first place.
Yoga and meditation practices are not a religion or a belief system. The primary source for learning the practices and science of the meditation technique yoga, meditation & meditation techniques is the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Guidelines for Daily Meditation Yoga Practices
1) The regular practice of asana and pranayam help to remove the distractions that are a barrier in yoga techniques and meditation practices.
2) Being in an erect and good seated posture during meditation is essential. The regular practice of yoga postures helps to strengthen those muscles that play a key role in maintaining an upright erect meditation posture.
3) The lower back, ankles and knees are the most commonly affected areas where numbness occurs due to restrictions in the blood circulation.
4) Asana and Pranayam should not be practiced too vigorously. They should be treated as a means for removing the obstacles that come in the awareness of Yoga, and not as an end in itself. They are most fruitful when they are practiced lightly and in balance.
5) The best approach is to blend and fine tune meditation, asana and pranayam together. Once the awareness of Yoga is achieved, it is easy to maintain it throughout the practice of Asana and Pranayam.